RP Extreme

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RP Haven for advanced rp-ers. Site Rated PG-16

2 posters

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Empty The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Post by Samantha Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:23 am

Using Ilia and Nuo. Will add info here as needed.

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Iliare10

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Nuo_by_samantha5696-d94k3wq

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Foxmin10

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Phases10

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Nuo_s_pain_by_samantha5696-d960ji8

Last edited by Samantha on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:58 am; edited 5 times in total
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Empty Re: The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Post by Samantha Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:46 pm

Nuo slowly trudged down the street of a town he knew not the name of. Only that his target was here. As a hired gun or, in his case, hired mage, Nuo took jobs to kill or capture targets. With this check, a woman by the name of Ilia was to be killed. No ifs, ands, or buts. When the job is completed he is to return to receive the rest of his payment.

Nothing new. Nothing interesting. Nothing to look forward to. An immortal life does not tell a bright and endearing tale. Especially not with cursed blood. Nuo growled to himself, he need not think of his wretched existence at this time. He has a job to do.

From what he knows, the woman is also in his line of work so Nuo thought to check the local bar. She might have wandered in looking at the wanted ads. If she wasn't there, he might could get a drink.
    Saeli
    Saeli

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam Empty Re: The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:13 am

Ilia flicked her bangs out of her eyes as she walked down the street like nothing was amiss. She smiled and waved at certain shop keeps as she passed, she was well known here and frequented this town when not working.

Her hair was already tied back in anticipation for her hunt today. She would set off to hunt for her target later in the night. This one was different though, he wasn't a bureaucrat like all the others. In fact, her employer wouldn't give her much information at all about her target. It was odd, he knew she only wanted to kill the corrupt.

Her shield clanked on her back as Ilia entered her favorite tavern. Strolling up to the counter and taking a seat on the stool, Ilia smiled at the barkeep.

"Oy! Ilia! I'm glad to see you back safe today," the barkeep smiled at her, " What will you be having today?"

"I'm pleased to see you to, Darius," Ilia replied with a small chuckle. "The usual would be great, I've got another hunt tonight."
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:23 am

Nuo yawned as he opened the door to the pub, scratching the back of his head as he gazed around for the wanted board. He didn't see anyone next to it and out of curiosity went and checked it.

Nuo smirked, there were several wanted posters for an unknown murderer who had apparently murdered some royal family in another country. I wonder who could have done that. Too bad he had to do it though, the princess was pretty cute. Brown hair and blue eyes. But business is business, money is money.

Nuo wouldn't stoop so low as to kill children but adults who have the chance to fight back aren't exempt. His years of pain and suffering don't leave a lot of room for sympathy or remorse. And of course every so often, someone on the brink of death tries to convince him that he should feel guilt or sympathy. 'Have compassion!' they screech. No one has succeeded in reaching the point across, however, and each one falls to their death.

Nuo yawned again, wondering if he could get any good liquor. He, sadly, can not get drunk and forget the nights worries but it tastes damn good. He walks over to the end of the counter, where no one was sitting and waited patiently to be served. He was in no rush, he has all the time in the world.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:55 am

Ilia watched as Darius prepared her meal while chattering to her. Eventually she held a finger up to her lips.
    "Now, Darius, we will have all the time in the world when I return home later, but for now lets not forget your other customers," Ilia nodded to the man who had sat down at the counter a few chairs from her.

Ilia noticed he clearly was not one of the locals from the town. It was no matter though, travelers were very common in this area. Perhaps she would strike up a conversation with him before leaving. After all, Ilia liked to protect her home.
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:11 am

Nuo yawned again, and nodded his thanks to the bartender. Nuo asked for his favorite drink before considering his options. He glanced down toward the girl at the other end of the bar with one eye. She was pretty, he'd give her that.

Didn't look like a call girl though. Hell this town didn't seem like it'd have any. Too bad. Nuo hadn't had much fun like that in a while. He's mainly just been working, working, working, and working. It gets boring. Nuo looked away and yawned again.

His drink finally game and he drank the cool liquid slowly. It'd been a few days since he had some proper drink.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:24 am

Ilia happily finished her meal, and slid the plate towards the barkeep and gave a quiet thank you. Getting up from her seat, Ilia strode to the other side of the counter and leaned against it.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met," Ilia started in a calm, what seemed to be friendly voice, "Are you a traveler?"

Ilia extended a hand for the man to shake. She noticed his purple eye's and were instantly intrigued by them. Ilia had an affinity for the color, but something about his eyes seemed off. They seemed almost dull... but that wasn't it.
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:33 am

Nuo raised his eye toward the girl who had approached him before setting down his glass. "We have not. In the whole sense of the word, yes, I suppose I am," Nuo replied calmly. He stared back evenly and shook her hand. Not weakly but not firmly either.

"I assume you to be a local?" Nuo asked, making small talk.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:38 am

Hopping up onto the stool beside him Ilia nodded with a small smile in response. "Somewhat, I wasn't born here, but I do so enjoy this small town," Ilia responded as she looked off into the distance thinking about past times.

"Are you perhaps looking for a place to stay tonight? I know of a cheap, quaint inn near the edge of town," Ilia inquired, "I could take you too it on my way out."
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:48 am

Nuo smiled, "That would be fantastic." He finished his drink and stood. Nuo was willing to bet this was the girl he was supposed to kill. But he will wait for a better battleground.

A cramped pub was not a suitable location. But the edge of town sounded perfect. Too bad she's the one he has to kill, Nuo wouldn't have minded trying to woo her for a one night stand.

Nuo was curious was her darkest fear was, but it would cost too much energy transforming. He didn't feel like dealing with that today.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:20 am

With a excited hop from her stool, Ilia stood once more. "Well come on then! It's this way!" Waving for him to follow, Ilia went out the door.

After he caught up to her, Ilia asked, "So where do you hail from, mysterious stranger?"

Ilia acted as if this were normal, but she presumed a mystery man, who was 'in the whole sense of the word' a traveler may be her target. However, this puzzled her. Why would her employer be targeting this man. From the way he was dressed, he clearly wasn't stealing money or the like. It just didn't seem right killing someone she knew so little about.
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:28 am

"That is a hard question to answer. For the original country of my birth doesn't exist anymore. And I have been travelling ever since I can recall," Nuo replied, "How about yourself?"

Nuo enjoyed this, the small conversation before the silence of death. He shouldn't. Sometimes after talking with someone he's unable to kill them. Maybe that's what he wants. But he's not sure that's going to happen this time. He would have to talk with her for hours to let her walk away. And she might have only minutes left.

He also found her happy nature amusing. It contrasted his dark, solemn mood and made him chuckle. What in life does she have to look forward to? Life only breeds death.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:42 am

"Me? Well... I don't actually remember the name of the town my sister and I have come from. Our family moved around way to much," Ilia glanced over as she responded, "Perhaps we could ask her sometime. Saeli remembers more about our homes than I do!"

Ilia's inner frown deepened. He was an allusive person, but by no means did he seem... truly evil or corrupt. "Oh! Well you know my sister's name, what's yours?" His response could confirm Ilia's suspicions, but Ilia wasn't sure if she wanted them too. This mystery man seemed interesting, and Ilia was prone to ask to many questions.
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:02 am

Nuo smiled, somewhat wickedly, "Nuo, I'm am sad to say. And what lovely name would be bestowed upon a maiden such as yourself?" He took a guess that she knew, but he wasn't about to do anything rash. He's not really one to strike first.

Nuo chuckled to himself, he wondered how this would play out. He silently hoped the conversation would continue, he was more than willing to participate until they reach the edge of the city. And although he had considered lying to her, he figured what the hell.

But if she did know, might as well lay on the charm. And maybe if she didn't know, he could still get laid.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Ilia's smile faltered and turned into a small frown as she sighed. Before responding, the smile reappeared once more, "Ilia, pleasure to me you, sir."

Glancing over at him once more Ilia caught a glimpse of his eyes. "If I may, are you... human? I just noticed your eyes, and they seem... different," Ilia looked at him quizzically. She knew they were bound to fight in just a little bit, but she wanted her curiosity satisfied. Besides, while they were still in the town it was best for the safety of the people if they just chatted.
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:54 pm

"You are correct, I am not human. My kind have been lost throughout the years, falling now into but dark myths. My species is known as Nightmare Monoceros. Which is a fancy way of saying horse with one horn. My eyes reflect nothing, not light nor figure. We are all born this way," Nuo replied, looking right at her so she could get a good look at his eyes.

He wasn't sure if she knew the two would be fighting in but a few short minutes but he will entertain her questions. It was charming, her curiousity. How much money was he getting paid again? A lot. Could he bail? Maybe. Doubt's were beginning to swirl.

But Nuo kept telling himself he would continue with the job.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Ilia paused to look into his eyes for a moment. A look of amazement formed on her face. "that is so cool! How many of you are there? I can't I've ever met anyone like you," Ilia exclaimed with excitement in her voice. How rewarding her curiosity had been. Perhaps this target could be like some of her others. She could just help him disappear, and none would be the wiser.

Continuing her slow pace once more, Ilia frowned as she could see the town entrance coming into view. "Perhaps you would like to join me on my journey?" Ilia tried to make the offer sound convincing, but she wasn't sure her voice held the necessary enthusiasm.
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:28 pm

"To my knowledge, not many of us still exist. We never age past adulthood but we can still die. And if we don't protect our offspring until they can defend themselves, they could end up not making it in life. I also suspect that my people get in trouble quite often," Nuo chuckled. He didn't mean to laugh at the disappearance of his people but all of his family was indeed not in their right mind.

Nuo stopped in his tracks and looked at her curiously, eyebrows furrowed. "Join you in your journey? To where do you journey?" Nuo was confused. This has never happened before, why now? Her head on a pike was worth quite a lot of money to him. Should he really let this opportunity slip by?

Which opportunity is he thinking of? The money or the girl. Well now he's confusing himself.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:12 pm

Ilia huffed, "I don't know! Around collecting rewards from the wanted posters. They take me MANY places."

Stopping in the street near the inn, she continued, "I would just hate to see you left behind at this inn. You're too interesting of a person to not get to know." There was a small inviting smile on her face, but there was also sadness behind it. She bet she could have easily just led him out of the town, but Ilia wasn't a liar. Besides, her words were all true.
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:23 pm

"Under normal circumstances... I would be inclined to participate. Unfortunately, no matter how charming you are, apparently you're worth a lot of money to someone. Dead," Nuo sighed, "Would you like to continue this conversation on the outskirts of town?"

Nuo already passed the inn and was heading in the direction of the forest outside of town. His feelings were still conflicted but he continued pressing himself into the situation. Hoping that it will turn out no different than all his other jobs. She will be dead and he will forget. Just like all of the others.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:07 am

Ilia paused confused. I'm worth a lot of money? What! I'm not wanted for any of my murders. Slowly picking up pace and following a few feet behind him. Passing through the gates Ilia kept walking until you could just see the torches as they were being lit. They were far enough away to be out of eyesight of the guards. Ilia reluctantly pulled her shield off her back.

"Nuo, I was hired to kill you," Ilia spoke with a hand hovering over her bladed tonfas handle. Her once innocent and friendly smile wavered and turned into a more wicked grin. "Perhaps there was some sort of mistake, but I refuse to just lay down arms and fall at your hand."
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:22 am

Nuo laughed, an empty hollow sound that reverberated his feelings towards happiness, "Assassin hired to kill an assassin who is also hired to kill the same assassin. What webs the world weaves."

Nuo grinned, "I as well, refuse to lay down arms to fall this day." His hands at his side began to glow with a green magical flame, dancing up his arms, while his eyes changed and markings appeared on his face. Without the need to speak a magical incantation, Nuo let the green magic flow up to his shoulders before solidifying and darkening in color.

This green magic on his arms acts like armor, protecting him. It does not strengthen him but it can block against swords.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:34 am

A magic user, this would be an interesting fight. Ilia was more used to fighting warriors. Pulling her sword out with her right hand, Ilia held the blade facing down her arm.

Crouching into a fighting stance, Ilia flicked her hair out of her eyes before starting to move in a slow circle around Nuo. Her eyes started shifting to a purple, Ilia liked to use part of her animal forms to enhance fighting. The eyes allowed her to detect movement. "But very strange for a bounty like this. You clearly left behind a trail."
    Samantha
    Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:41 am

Nuo laughed, "The same could be said of you. Otherwise I wouldn't be here either." Nuo coolly smiled while watching Ilia. He didn't age, so time is of little meaning to him. He fixed his stance, thinking she might attack him lower since he was taller than her by seven inches.

Nuo thought about this carefully. He was hoping she would strike first, but there's no guarantee she would. He would give her a few minutes to consider a first attack or not.
    Saeli
    Saeli

Post by Saeli Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:49 am

"I DON'T leave trails," Ilia growled as he let her more feral instincts take hold.

During Ilia's circling, she had examined the area. She noticed a fallen tree log slightly behind him. Breaking into a dead sprint, she ran what looked to be towards him, but went slightly past. Stepping onto the log, Ilia jumped towards him putting her shield in front to bring it down on him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:23 pm